Playstation Reviews, PSP Download Membership How to download Resident Evil 5 Killzone 2 Metal Gear Solid 4 Final Fantasy God of War Guitar Hero Star Wars Battlefront 2 Tekkan and More

February 4, 2009

Killzone 2 - PlayStation 3's Answer to Halo?

Gametrailers.com has released several jaw-dropping trailers for Killzone 2, the long awaited first person shooter that will be, based on both Gametrailers.com and EBGames.com, released on Feb 27th. If all goes well, this will be the first game to get in 2009 for PlayStation 3.
One of the trailers shows off some amazing game plays as well as giving us a glimpse of piloting a walking tank with rocket launcher and machine gun for some crazy destruction. Although its a "cam" version, you can still no doubt see this game is pretty high quality. From the, in my opinion, realistic enemy deaths, to extremely detailed environments. But one question still haunts me is how good the AIs are going to respond to you and the environments, from what I can remember from previous trailers, the AIs are somewhat dull and stupid. I certainly hope I am wrong!
Another one called Ballet of Death, also a "cam" version shows off how enemies die in a very artistic way with classy background music. You can see the death animations are nicely designed in slow motion.
There are many people saying Killzone 2 is going to be the Halo killer. While I believe this game is going to be blockbuster, unless something goes wrong....again, where a game cannot live up to the hype it generates. Either way, I won't quite call it a Halo killer, more like the PlayStation 3 version of Halo. Then it becomes somewhat insulting to all the PS3 fans in my opinion if I put it that way. Therefore I'm going to simply leave it as PlayStation 3's own blockbuster and exclusive first person shooter. Can this be one of the signature games for PS3? I guess we will have to wait and find out when the full version comes out or if Guerrilla decides to release the rumored demo.
Check out my tech/game review blogThe Web Tech Reviews
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Gabriel_Chau

No comments: